The SMG Construction brand encompasses all language services for the construction, building, civil engineering and architecture sectors, completed by our specialist translators and interpreters.
With over twenty years’ experience, the multinational translation services agency Studio Moretto Group established SMG Construction as the professional solution for operators in the construction sector looking for a structured and competent language partner.
Offering ISO 17.100 and ISO 9001 certified quality, SMG Construction has offices and technical translators offering local support around the world in over 160 languages, helping you to build a better world!
SMG Construction language services
Translations for the construction sector
We provide technical translations for civil engineering, construction and architecture with ISO 17.100, UNI EN 15038 and ISO 9001 certified quality. This speciality requires a high level of technical precision on the part of the translator, who must be proficient in the concepts of physics, mechanics and engineering, often within the context of innovative technologies.
Our multilingual interpreters can offer support on overseas construction sites, at conferences and in business negotiations, applying extensive expertise and great team spirit.
Advanced terminology research
Analysis of engineering and architectural terminology supported by objective statistical evidence.
We adapt your texts in such a way that they are comprehensible and appealing to foreign readers, taking into account their cultural peculiarities and the communication requirements in foreign relations.
DTP (Desktop Publishing) service to adapt translations on architecture and construction to the layout preferred by the client.
Translation service and insertion of foreign language subtitles for presentations, interviews and corporate videos.
Conference and simultaneous interpreting systems
Rental and installation of equipment for corporate events, conferences and trade fairs in the construction and building industry, including interpreter booths, translation consoles, audience receivers, portable guided tour systems, audiovisual systems, microphones, LED walls, etc.
Our key clients
Fill in the form below to get a quote from our offices. We are happy to respond to your request and will get back to you as quickly as possible.
All the fields marked with an asterisk are compulsory.
Case Study - SMG Construction
Brenner base tunnel: innovation, efficiency and punctuality
Translation peaks of 275 pages a day, over 300 translation projects, client cost savings: 23%
In 2009, Studio Moretto Group began providing language services through SMG Construction to the Brenner Base Tunnel – Brenner Basistunnel BBT SE, a European joint-stock company established for the construction of the Italy-Austria railway tunnel.
We completed over 300 translation projects for the Brenner Base Tunnel, whose operational needs involved a wide variety of areas of focus; from legal texts to technical documents, with accurate research of terms in the areas of geology and civil engineering.
Such a dynamic situation required the utmost punctuality and precision , which were the guiding values for our project management, which is capable of coordinating translators in order to cope with translation peaks of up to 275 pages a day, using a team of dedicated language experts and SMG’s innovative solutions. Thanks to the efficient integrated management of CAT Tools such as Across and Trados and proprietary IT technologies, SMG was able to meet the client’s demands, guaranteeing large volumes of work with delivery times of 48 hours.
Terminology research has been a cornerstone of our quality system, to the extent that we worked together with the client to draft the BBT SE railway terminology glossary, which is still a milestone in the sector today.
Belgian Defence Staff: language support for the construction of military barracks
Terminologia téccnica e institucional, el trabajo en equipo marca la diferencia
In 2017 the SMG Construction brand of Studio Moretto Group won a major tender by the Belgian Defence Staff for a two-year contract to provide specialised translation services for the construction and defence sectors.
The contract commissioned from the contractor all translations into Dutch and French of technical texts relating to the construction of new barracks for the Belgian army.
The content of the texts our native-speaker translators worked on was very complex, as the texts were written using technical terminology and language typical of Public Administration documentation.
The many years of experience translators at SMG Construction in the use of building and construction vocabulary was supported by the defence knowledge of our expert consultants. It was precisely the coordinated work of these specialists that made it possible to complete the assignment, meeting the demanding requirements of a client of such high calibre.
During the two-year business relationship with the Belgian Defence Staff, SMG Construction was also responsible for the translation of texts and procedural documents relating to the logistical organisation of the construction work, contracts and technical documents and manuals relating to the machinery used and the defence systems used in the new facilities.
SMG Construction has been chosen by:
- Brenner-Brenner Basistunnel BBT SE (Austria-Italy)
- INECO (Spain)
- Fassa Bortolo Srl (Italy)
- Mappy Italia S.p.A. (Italy)
- Amberg Engineering AG (Switzerland)
- Ebensberger Srl (Bulgaria)
- Construcciones Metálicas Cerezuela S.L. (Spain)
- Kalman Floor Company, Inc. (Canada)
- Kleihues + Kleihues Gesellschaft von Architekten mbH (Germany)
- Pizzarotti SA (Switzerland)
- RHI Magnesita (Austria)
- Vermessung ADP Rinner GmbH (Austria)
- Pini Swiss Engineers SA (Svizzera)
- IN/ARCH – province of Brescia (Italy)
- Federcasa SA (Italy)
- Autonomous Province of Bolzano – Office for Regional Planning (Italy)
- CREW-Cremonesi Workshop Srl – FS Group (Italy)
- Aedilis Srl (Italy)
- Aldo Polonio S.p.A. (Italy)
- ALER Brescia (Italy)
- A B B Promointermedia Srl (Italia)
- Baglioni Costruzioni Srl (Italy)
- Grigliati Baldassar Srl (Italy)
- B.D. Costruzioni Srl (Italy)
- Castiglioni Houses Srl (Italy)
- CDS Holding S.p.A. (Italy)
- Coimprendil S.p.A. (Italy)
- Del Bono S.p.A. (Italy)
- Delta Phoenix Srl (Italia)
- Edilfin Srl (Italy)
- Edil Europa Srl (Italy)
- Emmebi Multiutility Srl (Italy)
- Edile Tecnica Costruzioni Srl (Italy)
- Fattori Srl (Italy)
- Gruppo Faustini S.p.A. (Italy)
- Atig Bresciana Costruzioni Srl (Italy)
- Gambara Asfalti S.p.A. (Italy)
- Gruppo Associato Paterlini (Italy)
- Geo.Te.Co. Malegori Srl (Italy)
- Geotec Sas (Italia)
- Gonzato Coperture Srl (Italy)
- Guerini Elio Srl (Italy)
- Janson Bridging Italia Srl (Italy)
- Esselunga S.p.A. (Italy)
- Micheletti Ingegneria Srl (Italy)
- San Massimo Srl (Italy)
- Nuovi Assetti Urbani S.p.A. (Italy)
- Pavoni S.p.A. (Italy)
- Pibiemme Srl (Italy)
- Pizzarotti & C S.p.A. (Italy)
- Polinari Costruzioni S.p.A. (Italy)
- Procom Srl (Italy)
- Protec Surface Technology Srl (Italy)
- Refrattari Italiana S.p.A. (Italy)
- Safer S.p.A. (Italy)
- Sanmarco Srl (Italy)
- Miniera San Romedio Srl (Italy)
- Sermac Srl (Italy)
- SIPE S.p.A. (Italy)
- Gruppo Stabiumi Srl (Italy)
- Tecoint Srl (Italia)
- Taglio e Perforazione Cemento Armato Srl (Italy)
- TTM Tension Technology Srl (Italy)