CONFERENCES ON LINGUISTICS, TERMINOLOGY, TRANSLATION AND INTERNATIONALIZATION
OUR VOICE IN THE WORLD
With the invaluable support of its Centre of linguistic research, The Studio Moretto Group organises conferences on topics of Linguistics, management of translation processes, and internationalisation in collaboration with prestigious universities and specialists in the sector. The conferences are held in various countries and constitute an important moment of sharing offered by SMG companies, always available to disseminate the results of their research activities.
Corporate training workshops are also available for business customers to help them deepen their technical and linguistic issues of interest or, more generally, to help those who are just venturing into international business.
OUR PREVIOUS AND FUTURE CONFERENCES
Discover the conferences organised by SMG all over the world, and join our family to share ideas and grow together!
4 APRIL 2019 - MEDELLIN, COLOMBIA
THE FIRST SYMPOSIUM OF MODERN LANGUAGES, EDUCATION AND INNOVATION
At the ‘ECCI’ University, SENA.
Time: 9 am – 10.30 am.
- New requirements for language services for enterprises undergoing internationalisation.
- How the professional figure of the translator will be transformed in the coming years.
- The role of the language editor and the impact of Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) on workflows.
- The role of artificial intelligence in translation.
3 APRIL 2019 - MEDELLIN, COLOMBIA
CONFERENCE “WORK PROCESS, MARKETING AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN THE TRANSLATION INDUSTRY”
At the University of Antioquia.
Time: 10 am – 11.30 am
- How the agency SMG organises and manages the service of translation into a foreign language.
- International marketing prospects in the language services industry.
- Job opportunities for young translators and senior linguists.
27 MARCH 2019 - LIMA, PERU
CONFERENCE “HOW SMG TACKLES INTERNATIONALISATION”
At the UCSS University.
Time: 6 pm – 8.30 pm
- The role of interpreting and translation services in the new approach to foreign markets.
- Overcoming the language and culture barriers in the internationalisation process: how to resolve both internal and external critical corporate issues.
- Sustainability and ethics for a global business.
- How our translation agency identifies the places and ways to set up an office abroad.
- The selection of human resources for translation processes.
26 FEBRUARY 2019 - LIMA, PERU
1ST INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS ON BUSINESS AND INNOVATION
At the Universidad Católica Sedes Sapientiaes; videoconference participation.
- How has SMG internationalised business over the years in response to changing market needs; how has the European SMG office responded to the socio-economic crisis.
- What challenges await us in a process of internationalisation.
- The centrality of social values and the flexibility in the processes of internationalisation for SMEs.
12 MARCH 2014 - LYON, FRANCE
SEMINAR ON SPECIALIST TRANSLATION
At the ‘Estri’ University in Lyon, France.
Time: from 15.30.
- The current situation of the specialist translation market.
- The prospects and challenges for professional translators in the context of the new globalised market.
- What will be the impact of new technology on terminological research, productivity and quality control in translation projects.
23 JULY 2013 - EXETER, UK
CONFERENCE ON WORK PROCESSES IN TRANSLATION PROJECTS
At the University of Exeter, UK.
- The role of the translator, auditor and terminologist.
- The prospects offered by computer aided translation technologies (CAT tools).
- The creative process in the realization of an effective translation, localized for abroad.
4 FEBRUARY 2013 - KRAKOW, POLAND
SEMINAR ON TRANSLATION PROCESSES IN A LINGUISTIC SERVICES AGENCY
At the Jagiellonian University of Krakow, Poland
- Socio-economic analysis of the translation industry.
- The phases of translation and revision of texts, with particular references to controlling the uniformity of terminology.
- The use of technology in the translation process and verification of linguistic quality.
- The control of production costs in the translation process and the current situation of market prices.
30 NOVEMBER 2012 - LIMA, PERÙ
CONFERENCE ON THE TRANSLATION MANAGEMENT PROCESS DEVELOPED BY SMG
At the professional “Colegio de Traductores del Perú”, in Lima
Time: from 17.00.
- How SMG organises workflow in translation projects.
- The prospects of computational linguistics and of CAT tools.
30 NOVEMBER 2012 - LIMA, PERÙ
SEMINAR ON THE LINGUISTIC SERVICES MARKET
At the University ‘Femenina of Lima’
- Best Practices to complete a translation project.
- The requirements for a professional translator.
- The importance of ongoing training and internships in translation.
29 NOVEMBER 2012 - LIMA, PERÙ
THE CRISIS AS AN OPPORTUNITY – SEMINAR ON THE PROSPECTS IN THE FIELD OF TRANSLATION AND CONSIDERATIONS ON THE INTERNATIONALISATION OF BUSINESSES
In the auditorium of the Postgraduate School of the ‘Universidad Católica Sedes Sapientiae’
Time: from 19.00.
- Job opportunities and growth prospects in the context of the international crisis.
- The translation market and the opportunities for companies.
- How SMG has managed its own process of internationalisation.
28 NOVEMBER 2012 - LIMA, PERÙ
CONFERENCE ON THE TRANSLATION SECTOR
In the Great Hall of the ‘Ricardo Palma’ University of Lima.
- Analysis of translation processes implemented by the SMG agencies.
- Perspectives for translation as a profession in the near future.
- Considerations on the market and on the crisis of prices.
5 OCTOBER 2012 - GARDONE RIVIERA, ITALY
2ND NATIONAL CONGRESS ON INTERNATIONALISATION AND SPECIALIST TRANSLATION MANAGEMENT
At Grand Hotel Gardone Riviera.
- Research, verification and validation of technical terms for greater linguistic accuracy.
- Linguistic localisation and cultural adaptations based on the needs of foreign audiences.
- The problems of translation today: a format to manage international communication.
- CAT Tools: software to better manage repetitive translations while reducing costs.
21 OCTOBER 2010 - BRESCIA, ITALY
TECHNICAL TERMINOLOGY AND TRANSLATION MANAGEMENT
At the University of the Sacred Heart, in Brescia, in the ‘Sala della Gloria’.
In collaboration with the Italian Association for the terminology, Ass.i.Term.
The recent legal disputes which have arisen as a result of translation errors, and the need to defend ones trademark abroad without risking misinterpretation both require tools that help internal personnel who are responsible for controlling the translation and corporate communication. The seminar aims to provide companies with methodological guidelines and application tools for managing the translation of multilingual documentation in use, minimising any risk of errors.
Fill in the form below to get a quote from our offices. We are happy to respond to your request and will get back to you as quickly as possible.
All the fields marked with an asterisk are compulsory.