Translators, experts in the field of civil engineering and construction
SMG UK Translations Limited (SMG UK) has established itself to provide specific translation services for civil engineering.
On this page you will find key data which demonstrates our commitment to linguistics, with more than 2,500,000 words translated to date for preliminary, final and executive projects, bills of quantities, technical notes, site activities log, construction contracts, regulations, formal presentations and technical-legal documentation relating to public works for roads, urban planning, housing and major infrastructure projects.
Training our translators
Our team of translators includes civil engineers, architects and geologists.
In addition to courses which focus on extending knowledge, which we regularly provide in linguistics, our staff is trained in the specifics of each task through preliminary briefing and site inspections (in 2012 alone, we made 16 training visits to sites for facilities, housing and Alpine tunnels). In addition, the feedback provided by our revisers on every translation carried out, allows the translators to verify and improve their skills: to date we have translated more than 2,500,000 words in the engineering field, and, above all, in the underground construction sector.
We have created internal terminology databases to assist translators with over 21,000 specialised technical terms:
- Architecture: Technical terms for translation into Italian, English, French, German and Spanish.
- Social housing: Specialist lexicon in Croatian, Italian, English, French and German.
- Plant and system engineering: Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Italian, English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Arabic.
- Interior Design: Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, English, French and German.
- Bridge construction: Portuguese, Italian and English.
- Railways: Arabic, Chinese, Turkish, Italian, English, French and German.
- Construction of tunnels and underground excavations: French, Italian, English and German.
All our translations (100%) are subjected to quality assurance checks (Revisions) which conform to UNI EN 15.038 and ISO 17.100 standard. Terminology research is governed by the official procedures set out by CRL, the Language Research Institute that we have set up in order to update the terminology of our translations.
ALER (the agency for social housing in Lombardy) has said this about us:
“Studio Moretto Group translations have proven to be technically accurate, reflecting some remarkable knowledge about this sector”.
Our glossary for translations for the construction and engineering sectors
Having translated 1,500,000 words, SMG has had vast experience in the building and construction sector and has developed a glossary of technical terms over the years.
Some examples of the terms contained in our glossary are shown below:
- Construction materials: for example, the glossary contains the translation of various types of clay, bitumen, limestone, concrete, tar, cement, plasterboard, gravel, plaster, laminate, alloys, binding agents, marble, minerals, metals, sand, pigments, plastics, polymers, resin, silicone and sealant.
- Tools: we provide the translation of numerous tools and construction machines, such as burners, concrete mixers, compressors, pulleys, scaffoldings, joints, cranes, etc.
- Manufacturing processes: wire drawing, galvanisation, servicing, lamination, grinding and other processes carried out on construction sites.
- Finished products: terminology which describes the different infrastructures and parts of housing facilities, airports and industrial facilities.
An interpreter by your side
Our interpreters will be available to assist you at the trade fairs Home&Building of Verona and EIRE-Expo Italia Real Estate of Milan.
we do multilingual translations of technical drawings in Italian, Russian and English directly in AutoCAD. Since 2004 we have translated over 1500 drawings!
Fill in the form below to get a quote from our offices. We are happy to respond to your request and will get back to you as quickly as possible.
All the fields marked with an asterisk are compulsory.